Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wednesday July 14th, 2010.

Greetings from the waiting room of the Shands Hospital in Gainsville Florida. I have spent the better part of last night and this morning getting this blog site set up and ready for your reading. We are so blessed to have so many relatives and friends who are so concerned about Alyson. We have been trying our best to keep everyone updated and informed, and we had been counting on them to help get the word out. The cell phone signal at the hospital has been sporadic, and at times not at all, so we have missed calls, or cannot talk when some have called.

From this point forward I will update this blog page at least once if not twice a day. This way everyone will get the same news, and can stay informed as to what is going on.

This morning I brought Manny and Andrea back to the hospital. Pauline had been here all night. She said that Alyee kept asking when Manny was going to visit. She had a sore neck, which could have been from the neck brace she had on the first two days, or it could just be the way she is sleeping. At 4:00am they gave her some pain medication for that, and she slept more comfortably after that.

In the ICU unit she is only supposed to have two guests at time. So we have to stagger our visits, and rotate in and out of the room as needed.

When I walked into the room she looked at me and said "There is my daddy". I asked how she was and she said she was fine. Then she asked how I was. Then she asked if this was the first time I had been here. She didn't remember seeing me before.

My mother called and talked to Alyee on the phone.

She does know where she is at this morning. At the hospital. She also knows now that she had a seizure at the pool. Pauline took a picture on her cell phone of her partially shaved head. Alyee wanted to see it, and said it looked cool, when she saw the picture.

Ed and Faye, (Paulines parents) arrived from Clearwater just before lunch. They have had a good chat with her.

They got her to walk to the bathroom, and they had her sitting in the chair for a while this morning. Her attitude is very good, joking with everyone in the room. Her thought processes appear to be better, remember more of what is going on. Her sentences are getting longer, more detailed, and her voice is a little stronger this morning. She is being encouraged to do more for herself, and she is supposed to be up in the chair again for supper.

We still do not know the cause of this. Keep praying that we find the source of where the blood came from.

In trying to recall all the details of the last 5 days, I know I have left out alot. We are so grateful to all who have stopped by and visited. We are also very grateful to the Camp staff and all that they are doing to make our stay here as comfortable as possible. I hope that this blog site will help to keep everyone informed, and keep checking back for updates and more pictures. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

7 comments:

  1. Nicely done Don! I'm very happy to hear Alyee is doing much better. Thoughts and prayers are with her and the family.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don and Pauline,
    Marty and I have enlisted the prayer warriors in the KT Division to lay down intercession and to cover Alyee with healing prayer. Thanks for the updates. It is especially helpful since we can't be in the hospital with her, but He can and He trumps everything.
    Blessings!
    John and Marty Needham

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don,

    I believe that God put J at that hospital for this reason. I am so happy to hear that she is doing better. Please let her know that we are all thinking of her and praying for her.

    Sheri C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for creating this site! Please give greetings and my prayers to Alyee and Manny! We are thinking of you in Sweden!
    LOVE YOU ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your family are very much in our prayers! Thanks for the blog posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don,
    I was hoping you would do a blog. And knowing you, I figured you would eventually get to it. Thank you for keeping us all updated through this.
    Our thoughts and prayers are will you all.
    -Pam. Katie and Carl

    Oh no Alyee this will never do! You need to get better so I can visit you in a month when I come down to Lakeland for school. I hope you get well soon. Love you.
    -Lyssie Pooh and Mr Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for getting the blog up and running! I'm keeping all of you in my prayers. I though folks might like to see a bit more about Dr. Mocco's credentials (beyond being one of Ed Bailey's very favorite Sunday school students!).

    http://www.neurosurgery.ufl.edu/faculty-staff/j-mocco.shtml

    Love to all!

    Jean Flegiel

    ReplyDelete