Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday July 17th, 2010 AM


Alyson had a good nights rest. They put a childs blood pressure cuff on her arm, which of course is smaller and more comfortable for her. She had a bath this morning, and the nurse went and got her a new set of PJ's. Here you see her sporting her new clothes.

She is scheduled for the angiogram this afternoon, so until then, water only and no food.

She is still in pain, and sleeps alot.

She opened up about 6 get well letters that had arrived at camp.

A doctor was just in to check her out for the angiogram this afternoon. She should be going there in about 2 or 3 hours from now.

I am really amazed that in the last 48 hours this web page has been looked at over 500 times. Every 5 minutes, it is being opened up by someone. So thank you for all your concerns.

She had brought a book to camp to read titled Laughter is the best medicine by Reader Digest, and it is a collection of jokes that she asked to brought to her room, so she could read it.

I will leave you with a joke that I just read in it.

"I told my doctor I broke my leg in two places.
He told me to quit going to those places".

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I will update later today after her surgery.

3 comments:

  1. Don,

    We live next to your mum and dad (we used to lend the snow gear to your kids when you came up in winter!) .......

    I've been following Alyson progress via your blog and it's a great communication tool. Our daughter Alex had a different but not dissimilar event in her life 2 years ago (Toxic Shock with full body sepsis in her case and then from treatment bi-lateral pneumonia)and went from being up and around 'normally' to what the doctors defined at catastrophically ill in seemingly moments. We feel for you all having been there and know just how horrendous it is, as you rightly say it is the thoughts and prayers that keep you going.
    We came out of this experience different people and it stays with us as I am sure it will for you and your family; we are eternally thankful Alex is okay - no clue what made her ill or how she contracted it. But for her own version of Alyson's doctor though she would not be here had he not been so agressive in her treatment.
    I'll keep boosting your blog readings and know you are all in my thoughts, we look forward to seeing you all back in sunny Willow Beach soon!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering where I can send a get well card? I did not know if I could send it right to the hostipal or if I had to send it to her camp? If you could let me know that would be great! I am glad that she is doing better...love the new pjs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don you are doing a great job with the updates. I can't stop thinking about you all and wish we could come down for a visit. I mapquested it and it is 812 mi, a bit too long for a one day visit. The girls did an awesome job with her hair, it will make a huge difference for her. In the good old days she would have had a bath a long time ago, but I know you are pleased with and appreciate the care she is getting. Praying they are able to help her get more comfortable, and so glad to hear the short term memory is improving. Pam

    ReplyDelete